Latest News and all That You Should Know for Doing Business in the UAE
If anyone were to ask where the tallest building can be found, you’ll find Dubai at the top of the answers. Just like how the Burj Khalifa cemented Dubai’s fame as a land of architectural feats, the Expo 2020 is set to catapult the Emirate once again into the global limelight, as it welcomes the world for a six-month-long trade fair that starts on October 1, 2021.
Held every five years, the World Expo showcases a myriad of feats and achievements made by over 100 participating countries and exhibited through their respective pavilions.
In 2013, Dubai won the bid to host the global trade fair against Sao Paulo, Brazil; Izmir Turkey and Ekaterinburg, Russia, making the UAE the first Middle Eastern nation to host the Expo.
Although the event was delayed by a year due to COVID-19, Dubai is now set to take centre stage and be a beacon of hope for nations recovering from the effects of the pandemic. Here are 20 + 1 reasons the Expo 2020 will help Dubai take off.
1. Millions of visitors from all over the world will flock to Dubai.
2. More visitors mean more business opportunities.
3. It’s not just for celebrating milestones in business and trade – it’s a cultural festival.
4. There’s a place for every business engagement.
5. It’s an experience you’ll never have anywhere else.
6. Marvel at the finest architectural displays.
7. Expo 2020 will bring USD 20 billion worth of investment.
8. Dubai’s modern transportation infrastructure will get even better.
9. Dubai’s real estate sector will see a huge increase in demand.
10. Demand for office space will also skyrocket.
11. The hospitality industry will get a huge chunk of the market.
12. Stronger international relations and cooperation are in the works.
13. There’s an increase in employment opportunities.
14. The food and beverage sector will also get the spotlight.
15. Tourism can provide additional boost for Dubai’s economy.
16. More talented professionals will come to the city due to increased economic activities.
17. It’s a great time for SMEs to scale.
18. Precious metals are expected to be a hit.
19. Sustainability will be the main highlight of the event.
20. Expect an increase in GDP due to Expo 2020 activities.
Bonus: It will be another opportunity for Dubai to make history.
From being a small desert and port town, Dubai has become an important scene for technology, architecture, business, finance, luxury and tourism in the Middle East region. Mega projects and infrastructure gave Dubai the spotlight, making it one of the most attractive cities for foreign direct investment.
All these building blocks make Dubai the perfect stage for celebrating ideas from all over the world and showing humanity’s greatest advancements at the Expo 2020.
Now is the time to put your venture into action. Profikuo can help you with the process – from preparing your business setup documents to opening a bank account. Let our team help you set up just in time for Expo 2020 Dubai!